Upcoming Dates and Activities

  • Thursday, March 13, DES Conferences 3:45 - 7:15, Thursday, March 20 DES Conferences 3:45-7:15 Friday, March 21 Teacher Workshop NO SCHOOL Spring Break March 24-28

Thursday, September 26, 2013

September's Exploration Table

Each month I plan to set up a table of things to be explored.  This month I was inspired by the fall harvest and falling leaves.  On our table we had:  a dried ear of corn, fresh corn stalk with corn, cat tails, milk weed pods, cigar tree seeds, a snake skin, fall leaves, pine cones and crabapples.  Children were encouraged to take things apart, open them up, and look inside and out.  There was one large table top magnifying glass I found at a garage sale and three hand held magnifying glasses.










The 'after' photo.  I should have taken a 'before' shot!


Next month I have an activity planned that includes pumpkins.  If anyone would like to donate a small pumpkin, I will need three - four total for our activity.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment